JACKSONVILLE UNIVERSITY MASCOTS
Auditions for the Jacksonville University Mascot Program will be held on April 21-22, 2018.
Saturday April 21, 2018
Historic Swisher Gymnasium
Registration 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. at Phillips Fine Arts Center Studio North
Clinic 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Clinic 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Cost: $20 (exact cash only)
Sunday, April 22, 2018
Group Interviews 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Final Tryouts 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
What to bring:
- Tryout Application
- Fully Completed Liability Waiver
- Proof of acceptance / enrollment (JU ID)
What to wear:
- Appropriate and professional athletic apparel and footwear
- Dolphin gear/Green, Yellow and White attire preferred
- Prop Use
- Random Music dancing
- Group Interviews
All audition participants must have a pre-prepared individual skit ready for performance at Auditions. Skits must be performed singularly and may not be performed in pairs or groups of Mascots. Skits will be performed in suit. Skits should highlight your creative ability and personality while still maintaining the character of the Dolphins. Music must be provided by the student as either a CD or mp3 file. Skit must be between 1:00-1:30 and appropriate for any Jacksonville University event. For ideas, there are various videos online of skits from other schools' Mascots.
Before Auditioning, Please be aware of the following:
- All audition end times are approximate.
- All rounds of auditions and the new member meeting are closed to the public.
- Individuals should be prepared and able to get in suit at any point during the audition process.
- Incoming freshman and transfer students must be accepted to Jacksonville University before the first day of tryouts
- Current students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above, and must bring their JU ID card
- New members are required to be in Jacksonville TBA for their new member physicals. No exceptions will be made
- All Mascots must be available to be in Jacksonville at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the fall semester for the start of practice. All lodging and expenses are the responsibility of the Mascot during this time.
The final team is made up of 2-4 members. Potential returning members must audition each year and are not guaranteed a spot on the team. A returning member's commitment, effort and performance throughout the previous year will affect their eligibility to return to the squad.
The Athletic Department Spirit Program does not provide scholarships at this time. If this shall change before the tryout date it will be posted and the description of financial assistance will be provided.
For more information regarding the Jacksonville University Mascots, please contact:
Jacksonville University Athletics
Attn: Gene Moore
Spirit Program Coordinator
2800 University Blvd. North
Jacksonville, FL 32211