Jacksonville (5-7) is headed north to face No. 5 Indiana in Assembly Hall at 8:00 pm EST on Friday night in a game that can been seen nationally on the Big Ten Network. The Dolphins are looking to continue building momentum heading into conference play next week as they wrap up the non-conference portion of the schedule.
The Dolphins are coming off a 65-53 win over Furman last Saturday before taking a six day break for the Christmas Holiday. Freshman Jarvis Haywood led the way for JU with 16 points and nine rebounds to match career highs in both categories. The 6’4” guard leads the team in scoring with 11.2 points per game and is averaging 12.6 points over the last seven games.
Junior Dylan Fritsch is also coming off a solid performance against Furman. Fritsch totaled 12 of his 14 points in 12 minutes of play in the second half to help seal the win last Saturday. A consistent threat from beyond the arc he leads the team with 25 three-pointers.
Indiana is coming off an 88-52 win over Florida Atlantic last Friday. Ranked No. 5 in the latest AP Poll, the Hoosiers are led by national player of the year candidate Cody Zeller with 16.4 points and 8.1 rebounds per game.
- This is the first match-up between the two teams since Dec. 27, 1977.
- Indiana won the only other encounter, 69-59 at the Gator Bowl Tourney in Jacksonville
- Big Ten Network (Kevin Kugler & Jim Jackson)
- Fans can hear the Voice of the Dolphins Terry Norvelle locally on 1010XL
JU At A Glance
- Head Coach Cliff Warren (105) is only one win shy of tying Hugh Durham (106) for second all-time in wins at JU. Warren need three more wins to pass Rollie Rourke (107) for the all-time mark.
- A newcomer has paced the Dolphins in scoring in seven of the last eight games.
- JU leads the A-Sun in blocks averaging 3.0 per game. The Dolphins have had at least five blocks in each of the last seven games. Freshman Tyler Alderman leads the Dolphins with 12 blocks.
- JU is 5-0 when leading at half time this season
- JU begins A-Sun play against Northern Kentucky on Dec. 31