Winners of four straight, Jacksonville (11-10; 6-2 A-Sun) wraps up a three-game road swing at USC Upstate (10-10; 4-3 A-Sun) Saturday at 5:15 pm. Following Thursday night’s results, the Dolphins sit tied for first in the A-Sun with Stetson which traveled to FGSU on Friday.
JU has won two straight on the road following an 83-80 win at ETSU on Thursday. Keith McDougald scored game high 23 points, including 15 in the second half. The junior guard also added four steals and three assists in the game. During A-Sun play he ranks 13th in the league with 14.9 ppg and third with 2.0 apg.
Junior Javon Dawson lived up to his A-Sun Newcomer of the Week Award adding 16 points and six rebounds off the bench. Dawson scored six of JU’s final eight points in the last 80 seconds of play on Thursday to help seal the win. Junior forward Dylan Fritsch added 17 points off the bench while shooting 5-7 from three. As a group, the Dolphins bench accounted for 40 points and is averaging 32.5 points in the last two games.
USC Upstate is coming off a 63-57 win over North Florida on Thursday. Led by 2012 A-Sun Player of the Year Torrey Craig, the Spartans are 5-2 at home this season. Craig is averaging 17.1 points and 6.4 rebounds.
Jacksonville leads the all-time series 7-2.
92.5 FM (Terry Norvelle) (listen here)
ESPN3 (watch here)
Next Up For Jacksonville
The Dolphins return home to face Stetson and Florida Gulf Coast on Thursday and Saturday at Swisher Gymnasium.
- Jacksonville has won A-Sun games this year when both teams have scored in the 90s, 80s, 50s and 40s
- During the four game win streak Keith McDougald is averaging 18.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 3.0 assists while shooting 47 percent from three and 83 percent from the foul line
- Javon Dawson is averaging 16.5 points and 6.0 rebounds while hitting 12-17 from the field and 7-8 from the line in the last two games
- Glenn Powell (121) needs one block to move into a tie for sixth place with Ryan Lewis (2001-03) on the career list at JU
- Senior guard Russell Powell’s 341 career assists currently rank 9th all-time at JU
- Jarvis Haywood ranks third amongst A-Sun freshmen in scoring this season with 10.1 ppg
- The Dolphins compiled a 2.87 team GPA for the fall 2012 semester