Jacksonville (14-14; 9-6 A-Sun) wraps up the home portion of its 2013 schedule on Saturday afternoon at 3:15 pm as East Tennessee State (9-20; 7-9 A-Sun) pays a visit to Veterans Memorial Arena. Following Thursday night’s action, the Dolphins sat tied for third in the league with Stetson which hosts FGCU on Friday. Playing in their final home game JU seniors Glenn Powell and Russell Powell will be honored beforehand on Saturday.
JU is coming off a 68-64 win last time out over USC Upstate as freshman Jarvis Haywood & junior Keith McDougald combined for 40 points to led the Dolphins to a second straight victory. Haywood recorded his second straight 19-point outing while McDougald added a game high 21 points, including the go-ahead basket with 12 second remaining.
East Tennessee State is coming off a 77-64 loss against North Florida on Thursday. Jarvis Jones leads the team with 16.6 points per game.
Jacksonville has won two straight, but ETSU leads the all-time series 11-6. The Dolphins won the first meeting this season 83-80 and are seeking their first series sweep.
ESPN3 (Matt Stewart & Sonny Smith)
92.5 FM (Terry Norvelle)
Next Up For Jacksonville
The Dolphins wrap up the regular season next week with games at Lipscomb on Thursday and Northern Kentucky on Saturday.
- Jacksonville is one of only three schools (UNC & Mich. St.) in the nation to have played No. 1 Indiana and No. 2 Miami this season
- Of the Dolphins nine league wins this season, seven have been decided by four points or less or gone to overtime
- Jarvis Haywood is averaging 14.3 points and 6.0 rebounds in the last six games
- Keith McDougald leads the A-Sun shooting 48.3 percent (29-60) from three during conference play
- Glenn Powell (887) needs 13 points to reach 900 for his career
- JU is 9-1 at Veterans Memorial Arena this season
- JU is 6-1 when holding opponents to less than 40% shooting