Game-5 Jacksonville University (2-2, 1-0) vs. University of Dayton (4-2, 2-1) | Oct. 17, 2016 | D.B. Milne Field (5,000) | Jacksonville, Fla. | 12 P.M. | @JU_Football | #HeartOfJax
Military Appreciation Day- Active Duty and Veterans receive free admission with a valid military ID.
PepsiCo Military Spotlight pregame where a selected member of military will be presented with four tickets to a Jacksonville Jaguars game.
Aramark Dining Service sponsors a fourth quarter t-shirt toss to loudest fans!
TV: ESPN3 (Scott Manze and David Lamm)
Radio: Online at http://mixlr.com/judolphins (Nolan Alexander & former Dolphin safety Dallas Jackson) with a 12:50 p.m. pregame show
Live Stats: www.judolphins.com
"I thought everyone at Jacksonville handled Hurricane Matthew exceptionally with housing students, our grounds crew cleaning up, and President Cost leading this first-class institution. We're excited to play and know we have one of the big fish in the Pioneer Football League pond coming here in Dayton. They have good schemes, good and veteran players, and are well-rehearsed. Their offensive line does an exceptional job at what they do and are well-coached." - Head Coach Ian Shields
"This is a huge game for us. It's one of the biggest games on our schedule. They're good, and we love competition. It's going to be a great atmosphere Saturday and we look for Dolphin nation's support." – Redshirt-Junior Robert Ritterhoff
- Jacksonville is in its 19th season and first under new Head Coach Ian Shields
- Jacksonville is first in the nation in yards-per-completion (19.15). Prince Gray is second in the country with an average of 24.73 yards-per-catch and Brian Burnett is sixth with 23
- JU is tied for Valpo for best in the @PFLNews on fourth down conversions, making 2/3 of its attempts
- The Dolphins are tied for the lead in the @PFLNews and are fourth in the @FCS_STATS with seven fumble recoveries
- Jacksonville has converted 10 turnovers into 41 points. It's held opponents to 20 points on six miscues
- Jacksonville is eighth in the nation and first in the @PFLNews in kickoff return defense averaging 15.94 yards-per-return
- The Dolphins have forced at least one turnover in six-straight games dating back to four at Campbell on 11/14/15
- The Dolphins put a 10-game home conference win streak on the line Saturday. Last home PFL loss was to Butler on 9/28/13
- Jacksonville is 4-4 all-time vs. Dayton
- The Flyers have never won a contest in the River City, last dropping a 34-26 decision on 10/08/11
- In that game, J.J. Laster put together 141 all-purpose yards and three scores, including two in the fourth quarter to lead the Dolphin comeback
- Last year, Dayton jumped out to a 31-0 lead before Rylan Wells tossed for 254 yards and two touchdowns off the bench
Click the following links for more stories on Jacksonville Football and our military:
Emon Smith balances an incredibly heavy load
O Captain! My Captain!
Head Coach Ian Shields has announced that redshirt-senior outside linebacker Justin Horton, senior A-back Ulysses Bryant, and redshirt-junior Rylan Wells have been voted by their peers as permanent team captains. The other captain's slot will be on a rotating weekly basis as chosen by Coach Shields. Armani Sampson takes the honor vs. Dayton
Going Back To Back
- The Dolphins finished +9 in turnovers in 2014, which tied for 14th in the country. JU ended last year +7, good for third in the PFL
- In 2014, the Dolphins led the country in picks with 24 and forced 30 turnovers. JU finished the 2015 regular season tied for the FCS lead with Dayton with 20 picks
- Two fumble recoveries and an interception vs. Duquesne made it six consecutive games that JU has forced a turnover dating back to Campbell (11/14) of the 2015 season. The Dolphins scored off each of the turnovers
- The Dolphins are +4 on the season in turnovers, ranking 12th in the nation and tied for tops in the PFL
- Jacksonville is first in the nation in yards-per-completion (21.04)
- The Dolphins are averaging 0.75 sacks allowed-per-game, which is 13th-best in the nation
- The JU offense is 16th nationally and second in the PFL in passing efficiency with a 155.67 rating
- Jacksonville has cleaned up its dirty laundry so far this season. After ranking at the bottom of the PFL in penalty yards the last two seasons, the Dolphins are fifth in the conference with 53.25 penalty-yards-per-game
Behind Enemy Lines
2016 is no different than year's past for this Flyers team. The defending PFL co-champs are playing well in all phases of the game, averaging 198.3 yards per-game on the ground, 166.17 through the air, and have picked off nine passes. Kicker William Will is coming off a STATS FCS National Special Teams Player of the Week honor with three FG and six PATs. His 49 career field goals are tied with former Drake kicker and current NFL player Billy Cundiff.
Parking, Tickets, and Policies
Tickets are available at JUTickets.com, and at the ticket booth on gameday (credit cards accepted). Reserved Seating is $15, General Admission is $10, and Senior/Military/Children are $5.
D.B. Milne Field policies are no glass, alcohol, coolers, and pets are allowed through gates; service animals are permitted.
Parking is $5.
For more gameday information including a campus map, click here.
Jacksonville ventures to Morehead, Ky., with a PFL contest against Morehead State that's slated for Oct. 22 at 1 p.m. The Dolphins hung on for a victory in a thriller last season, 30-26.