GAME DAY INFORMATION
Jacksonville (22-19, 3-3 ASUN) at USC Upstate (28-14, 7-5 ASUN)
DATE: Saturday, April 14 and Sunday, April 15
TIME: FRIDAY: Game One – 1 p.m. | Game Two – 3 p.m.
SATURDAY: 1 p.m.
SITE: Cyrill Stadium | Spartanburg, S.C.
LIVE STATS: SATURDAY GAME ONE | SATURDAY GAME TWO | SUNDAY
LIVE VIDEO (ESPN3):SATURDAY GAME ONE | SATURDAY GAME TWO | SUNDAY
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Jacksonville University softball resumes ASUN Conference action this weekend as the Dolphins head to USC Upstate for a three-game series April 14 and 15.
Saturday's games, originally slated for 4 p.m. and 6 p.m., were moved up to 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. due to impending severe weather. Sunday's game will remain at 1 p.m.
Setting the Scene
- The Dolphins enter the weekend with a 22-19 overall record, and are 3-3 in the ASUN.
- As a team, the Dolphins lead the league 2.05 stolen base per game (16th nationally) and with 0.34 double play per game.
- Sophomore Seana Mora is in a 16-way tie to lead the nation with just one hit batter on the year.
- Mora also ranks third in the league in walks allowed per seven innings (1.39).
- With 31 total stolen bases on the year, senior Allie McCourt ranks second in the league and 14th nationally with 0.76 stolen bases per game.
- McCourt is also on pace to break her single-season program record of 35 stolen bases – a mark she set last year to lead the Dolphins to a new single-season record with 113.
Last Time Out – vs. Florida A&M
The Dolphins got on the board in the bottom of the fifth inning, then added a pair of insurance runs in the bottom of the sixth en route to a 3-0 victory over Florida A&M last Wednesday. Sophomore Makenzie Buss brought in freshman Serena Quinata on an RBI single to right center field, and later, freshman Hannah Roberts blasted a two-run homerun to put the game away. Sophomore Seana Mora struck out four in her sixth complete game of the year.
Scouting USC Upstate
The Spartans are 28-14 overall heading into the weekend, and hold a 7-5 record against ASUN opponents. USC Upstate currently sits at third in the ASUN standings, behind Kennesaw State and Lipscomb, while only FGCU separates the Dolphins and the Spartans.
Hitting Leader | Karla Beasley (.397) … Beasley also leads the team with 13 home runs and is slugging .793 on the year
Pitching Leader | Christina Biggerstaff (1.65 ERA) … Biggerstaff and Erin Hill (1.79 ERA) both have below a 2.00 ERA … Biggerstaff leads the league and ranks 11th nationally with 190 strikeouts on the year
On the Bases | Ansley Gilstrap (37-of-38) … Gilstrap leads the ASUN and ranks fifth nationally with 0.88 stolen bases per game
The Series with the Spartans
USC Upstate holds a 19-7 lead in the all-time series with the Dolphins. The Spartans are also 8-2 when playing at home in Spartanburg, S.C.
The Dolphins return to the Debbie & Fred Pruitt Softball Complex for a seven-game home stand, beginning Wednesday, April 18 with Georgia Southern at 5 p.m.