LakePoint, Ga. – After averaging 19 points per game in the past two contests for Jacksonville University women's basketball, Jasmyn Brown earned her second ASUN Conference Player of the Week honor this season, as announced by the league Tuesday afternoon.
The Haines City, Fla. native played a critical role in helping the Dolphins to a 2-0 road weekend, averaging 19 points per game, 4.5 rebounds per game, and 3.5 assists per game while shooting 48.3 percent from the floor.
Brown added six rebounds, five assists, and a steal in the Dolphins' 88-58 win over NJIT on Jan. 20, and grabbed three boards, dished two assists, and added a second steal in a 71-45 victory at USC Upstate on Jan. 22.
Brown's 19 points against both the Highlanders and the Spartans continues her hot streak on the floor, with the junior guard posting double figures in each of the last four games. She was previously named ASUN Player of the Week on Dec. 5.
Additionally, the victories at NJIT and USC Upstate mark the fourth time in the past five years that Jacksonville has started 5-0 in the ASUN Conference.
Brown and the rest of the Dolphins return to action Saturday, Jan. 27 when head to FGCU to battle the Eagles for the top of the ASUN standings. Tipoff is slated for 4 p.m.
ASUN Conference Women's Basketball Player of the Week - Jan. 23
Jasmyn Brown, Jacksonville
Junior | Guard | Haines City Fla.
- Second Career ASUN Player of the Week award; second this season
- Averaged 19.0 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 3.5 APG and shot 48.3% from the field, leading JU to a 2-0 record
- Scored 19 points, hauled in six boards and dished out five assists in a 30-point road win at NJIT
- Added 19 points, three rebounds and two assists against USC Upstate
- Ranks fifth in the ASUN in scoring at 13.9 RPG; also in the top-10 in FG made (100, 5th), 3-PT made (42, 4th) and 3-PT% (37%, 6th)