Jacksonville (3-2) vs. Vermont (2-4)
DATE: Sunday, March 11
TIME: 1 p.m.
SITE: D.B. Milne Field – Jacksonville, Fla.
LIVE STATS: Jacksonville
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Looking to extend its win streak, Jacksonville University women's lacrosse plays host to Vermont this Sunday, March 11 at 1 p.m. Sunday's game marks the third meeting in program history between the teams, with the all-time series tied at 1-1.
Setting the Scene
- Jacksonville enter their ninth season in program history in 2018.
- After they defeated Villanova, 19-11, last Sunday, the Dolphins enter Sunday's contest with a 3-2 record overall.
- Nine different Dolphins scored against the Wildcats, with MacEllen McDonough leading the way behind four goals, while Ashtyn HIron posted a game-high five points (3g, 2a).
- Kristen Brunoforte posted a career-best 10 saves between the pipes to earn the win.
- After her six-point performance (4g, 2a) against Ohio State on Feb. 23, ASUN Conference Preseason Player of the Year and Australian Women's National Team member Ashtyn Hiron was voted Alpha Lacrosse National Player of the Week.
- Ashtyn Hiron and Erica Beal swept the ASUN weekly honors for their performances against Ohio State.
- Hiron was previously named ASUN Player of the Week for Feb. 13 after she posted five goals against the Wolverines.
- Graduate goalkeeper Emily Poelma recorded a season-high 13 saves against the No. 15 Fighting Irish last weekend to earn ASUN Defensive Player of the Week honors for Feb. 20.
- Looking to snap a two-game losing skid, the Catamounts enter Saturday's contest with a 2-4 record overall.
- UVM is under the direction of second-year head coach Sarah Dalton. … The Catamounts finished 1-15 in 2017 and faced a pair of ranked opponents and four who earned a berth in the NCAA Tournament.
- Earlier this season, Vermont posted wins over St. Bonaventure and Siena
- Elise Koehl leads the Catamounts with 21 points (18g, 3a) and leads the team with seven free-position goals (7-12).
- Morgan Furbay leads the 'Cats with 27 draw controls, while she (12) and Maddy Kuras (16) combine for nearly a third of the team's ground balls (28-93).
- Kuras has played a majority of the time in net, with 65 saves to her credit (.481 save %). … Kuras also has a 2-4 record in goal.
Series History vs. the Catamounts
Sunday's meeting marks the third ever meeting in the all-time series with the Catamounts, with the series tied at 1-1.
After falling to Vermont in the teams' inaugural meeting back in 2010 in the Dolphins' first year in program history, Jacksonville rebounded with a 13-8 decision in 2014. Both matchups were held at Jacksonville.
The Dolphins welcome Central Connecticut State to D.B. Milne Field next Wednesday, March 14 for a noon contest.