2018 NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships
DATES: Wednesday-Saturday, June 6-9
SITE: Heyward Field – University of Oregon | Eugene, Oregon
TIME: THURSDAY, JUNE 7: 800 Semifinals – 8:44 pm EDT // 5:44 pm PDT
SATURDAY, JUNE 9: 800 Finals – 7:44 pm EDT // 4:44 pm PDT
LIVE RESULTS: NCAA.com
LIVE VIDEO: ESPN2
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – With one meet left in her decorated career, Michelle Howell will don the green and white for Jacksonville University women's track and field on one of the biggest stages in collegiate sports. The senior will compete in the 800-meter run at the 2018 NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships, hosted by the University of Oregon, with the semifinals set for Thursday, June 7 at 8:44 p.m. EDT (5:44 pm PDT). Finals for the 800m will be held Saturday, June 9 at 7:44 pm EDT (4:44 pm PDT).
- Thursday's Semifinals are broken up into three heats of eight athletes each.
- The top two finishers in each heat, along with the next two best times, will advance to the Final on Saturday.
The Road to Eugene
- March 30: Howell placed fourth overall and was the second collegiate finisher in the 800m at the Florida Relays. Her time of 2:04.61 was a new personal best and the 10th-fastest time in the East Region, and qualified her for the NCAA East Prelims.
- April 27: Howell won the 800 at the UNF Invite in 2:05.27, besting a field of 26.
- May 12: Howell won her second ASUN Conference title in the 800 at the 2018 ASUN Outdoor Championships, leading a field of 17 with a winning time of 2:08.36, nearly four seconds ahead of the second-place finisher. She also won the 1,500m run for the second time in her career.
- May 24: Out of 48 entrants in the 800m First Round at the NCAA East Prelims, Howell finished second in her heat and 12th overall advance to the Quarterfinals.
- May 25: With the field whittled down to 24 in the Quarterfinals, Howell again took second in her heat – this time racing to a new personal best in 2:04.37 – and automatically qualifying for the NCAA Finals this week.
- With her NCAA Finals-qualifying time of 2:04.37 in the 800, Howell holds the second-quickest time in the event in Jacksonville program history.
- Bienna Freeman holds the Dolphin record of 2:04.08, set back in 2013.
- Two-time ASUN Outdoor Most Outstanding Track Performer (2018, 2016)
- Six-time ASUN Champion (2x in 800m – 2018, 2016; 2x in 1,500m – 2018, 2016; 2x in 4x400m Relay – 2018, 2016)
- Eight-time All-ASUN selection (3x in 800m; 3x in 4x400m Relay; 2x in 1,500m)
- Fourth quickest all-time in ASUN Outdoor Championship – 800m (2:08.36 in 2018)
- Second quickest all-time in ASUN Outdoor Championship – 1,500m (4:25.95 in 2016)
- 2017 USTFCCCA Indoor All-American (Second Team) - 800m